Monday, 21 June 2010

Welcome...

Hello everyone, thanks for visiting the blog.

As you've probably already found out, we're spending July cycling from our home in Sidcup (near London) to Rome. The route is a total distance of 1300 miles, passing through France, Switzerland, and Italy before we finally arrive in Rome. The trip is a holiday and a pilgrimage, but we're also taking the opportunity to raise money for two fantastic charities; see more at www.charitygiving.co.uk/treloarfamily.

We're using this blog to keep an account of our journey as we go and to keep in touch with people back home.

We've wanted to make the journey for over a year and a half, and are finally just biting the bullet and going for it. It's definitely an ambitious undertaking; none of us have ever done bike touring for more than two days in a row. Between us, we have about enough French to forge conversation, enough Italian to say hello, and no idea what they speak in Switzerland.
But, what can I say? We have a thirst for adventure, and enthusiasm for the unknown, and an unquenchable desire to be in St Peter's Square, intact, in a month's time.

...and we've all done Duke of Edinburgh. No worries then.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your spirit of adventure. I had considered this myself recently, in fact I was going to walk. Would have taken me around three or four months, I guess. The lack of proper route marking puts me off, but there is still a chance I may go next year. I'll be keeping an eye on your blog for updates.

    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete